Re: Some advice on Squid internals pls.

From: Andy Doran <ad@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 14:49:48 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> > Everything works fine save one problem. After Squid issues an NTLM
> > challenge with the '407: Proxy authentication required' page, both IE4 and
> > IE5 expect the connection to the proxy server to be held open for further
> > requests - Squid closes it. They can *not* issue the authorization in
> > reply by opening another connection.
>
> Try the attached patch. It changes error processing to allow a
> persistent client connection.

Thanks, that worked great. Now that it works, I've stumbled into another
NTLM design feature. It seems that the NTLM scheme passes authentication
only on the first request, making for lots of TCP_DENIED entrys in the
log, twice that of normal since there's a negotiation stage too.

How braindead. Anyway, I guess that should just be stashed in
ConnStateData. I'll post some patches here when I'm done.

Once again, thanks.

- ad