Re: PATCH: CygWin port enhancement - 2nd revision

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 21:24:02 +0200

Hi,

Il 00.51 17/08/2001 Robert Collins ha scritto:
> [...]

Sorry, but at this point I'm confused:

- Cygwin use Windows host file, but before now I thought that it use
/etc/hosts.
- /etc/host is (must be ?) a symlink to the Windows hostfile.

But, I have just installed Cygwin, and there is no /etc/host symlink or
file, so you say that I must make this symlink ? But if this true, how many
users make this symlink ?
Why this is not made from Cygwin setup ?

> > So, as long this CygWin problem is unresolved, we must choice what
>default
> > host file to use, IMO, is better use the same of the OS, in Windows
>system
> > directory.
>
>Errm, if we do that I don't think we'll cause problems, but I suspect we
>will get at least 1 bug report on that that we wouldn't otherwise have
>gotten :].

But also if the hostfile symlink it's not made automatically from Cygwin
setup ....

Guido

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.610749
E-mail: serassio@interfree.it
         serassio@libero.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it