Re: squid-2.4stable2 ?

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 05:01:20 -0600

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001, Joe Cooper wrote:
> > Good luck!
>
> Ok, about 20 minutes into a run at 40 reqs/sec (single disk, 450MHz CPU,
> 512MB RAM), disk hits are at 1-3% of overall and 97-99% memory, and
> overall hits are at about 3% out of a possible 55%. A run at 70 was
> started but didn't make it. SWAPFAIL_MISS is the access.log entry de
> jeur here, so I guess we're shedding load voluntarily?

It shouldnt be - hrm. Lemme polygraph it myself later on today
to see if I missed anything in the diskio branch. The storeclient
changes might be causing this.

> Seems very solid however. No crashes, and no errors being reported, so
> I'll call that good work!

Well, thats good - it means my storeclient changes work. :)

> I think the load shedding might be a little aggressive here also, since
> we have a little CPU to burn, and certainly more disk throughput than
> we're using (aufs can do 70 reqs/sec on the same machine). The CPU is
> sitting at around 20-30% idle, but I'm seeing a pretty big interrupt
> spike on each bytes out burst (shoots from ~1200 up to ~10000 with CPU
> idle dropping to <10% during on flush). Definitely need to balance the
> shedding in favor of reads, rather than writes.

Weird. that shouldn't be happening.

I'll take a look today sometime to see if I can figure it out.

adrian