Fwd: Re: Suggestion

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 21:54:16 +0200

This belongs on squid-dev...

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

Subject: Re: Suggestion
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:20:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: Mahmoud Taghizadeh <m_taghi@yahoo.com>
To: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@marasystems.com>

Dear Mr Henrik
thanks for your reply, I saw its option, we can set
tcp_outgoing_address based on an access list.
but how can I use two different link at the same time
even when I have only one client.
if you see the cacheflow manual, you will see that
they have this feature.
I will see that discussion in squid-dev, thanks for
your help. BTW I still think that this feature is
usefull cause many of my custemer wanted me to add
this feature for them ,and I did it in squid 2.3

I know that you are very busy but please think about
this subject:
a long time ago, I discovered my squid box performance
is very low when I tested it in transparent mode.
I use polygraph for test. I use kernel 2.2 and
ipchains

I know that maybe this is strange for you, but I found
a very critical bug in linux kernel. all sockets
created for port 3128 were added in a link list and
when I use a simple hash for it, bug was fixed. after
fixing this bug, my squid box get its main
performance.
if you are interested I can send for you my kernel,
you can test squid by original linux kernel and my
kernel (in transparent by ipchains) the result will be
amazing.

With Regards
Mahmoud Taghizade