Re: autoconf 2.5 update test on Sparc Solaris - FAILED

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 29 Jul 2002 09:34:51 +1000

On Mon, 2002-07-29 at 00:43, Guido Serassio wrote:

> > > configure.in:15: warning: do not use m4_patsubst: use patsubst or
> > m4_bpatsubst
> > > configure.in:2304: warning: do not use m4_regexp: use regexp or m4_bregexp
> >
> >No idea why that occurs... perhaps a slightly outdated automake? If so
> >don't worry about it. (It's only a warning).
> >

> I don't know, it's automake 1.5 package on sunfreeware.com.

Yup, older version. Ignore those errors. We are using automake 1.5 with
stability patches (posted on devel.squid-cache.org ages ago), or
automake 1.6 or greater. The only automake features we are using are
automake 1.5 compatible features.

> >Corrected, and all related potentialy issue (I think). Care to try
> >again?
>
> Yes, I have just do it.
>
> Now on Sparc Solaris bootstrap and configure works OK.
> Install too, but when starting, squid dies with a "No port defined" error.
>
> So i have discovered that I forgot to add "http_port 3128" to squid.conf,
> but, the strange thing is that THIS squid.conf works with s2_5 ....

This is a change in HEAD:
NAME: http_port ascii_port
TYPE: sockaddr_in_list
DEFAULT: none
LOC: Config.Sockaddr.http

> If You think that it can be useful, I will try the branch on Cygwin or/and
> Alpha Linux.

That would be great. I'm currently developing a mid-sized project in
Linux, so Cygwin is further out of reach than normal :]. Also I don't
have access to Alpha Linux - so test away!

Cheers,
Rob