Re: Adding a HTTP header

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 01:16:40 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Daniel A Brodie wrote:

> I am not sure what you mean by request headr/reply header, but
> I hope this answers the question.

request header == a header which is part of the request sent by the client
to the web server.

reply header == a header which is part of the reply sent by the web server
to the client.

> Well, basicly, when I want to request a page from the server to put into
> the cache/give to a requesting client.

A page is not a header. You can not request a header. A header is part of
the request/reply.

What is it you want to do really? Please try to describe what kind of
information you want to add, and who is going to use this information.

> My problem is that I havn't been able to find the function
> that gets run to actually get a web page from a peer. If you
> can point me even to a higher level function (i.e. dosn't do
> the actual fetching, but calls a functions that somewhere down
> the line actually fetchs), I would apreciate that.

httpStart is the starting point for HTTP requests, both requests sent to
peers and requests sent to origin servers.