Re: WCCP v2 implementation ... in Python - it's real!

From: Paul P Komkoff Jr <i@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:28:45 +0400

Replying to Adrian Chadd:
> Its cute. I haven't tested it, but i like it.
>
> I think it could do with a little better formatting - explain what
> each of the functions is trying to implement and why you've made some
> choices in the code. Not everyone who reads this will have read
> and re-read the WCCP2 draft.

I started doing this today. At first, i tried to do an usable piece of
code which runs, now I am adding comments and debug logging :)

> I like it though. Thankyou.

May I hope that you or probably someone else will help? When I started
this "project", I made some assumptions, and some of them was simply
wrong. Some pieces of code are full of bandaids, need refactoring to reduce code
duplication and increase readability.
I will try to add missing features in 1-2 days (capabilities) and wrap
it in something more convenient that while 1: raw_input() to allow
more widespread testing.
For now, it was working for 12 hours with no problem.

--
Paul P 'Stingray' Komkoff Jr // http://stingr.net/key <- my pgp key
 This message represents the official view of the voices in my head