Re: Any takers on Bug #1703? (diskd stuck at 100% CPU)

From: Steven <swilton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 23:16:52 +0800 (WST)

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> lör 2006-07-29 klockan 18:05 +0800 skrev Steven:
>
> > I could reproduce the bug if I had a COSS cache_dir enabled without any
> > aufs cache_dirs. I've updated the bug with a patch to fix this scenario.
>
> I think the COSS issue is separate. Based on your patch that problem
> should be seen immediately on startup, and not after a "squid -k
> rotate".
>
> Also are you sure the symptoms is really the same? In bug #1703 Squid
> seem to be stuck on calling msgrecv() repeatedly.

Hmm, you're right. I am hitting a similar bug. Without the patch I
attached to the bug, the COSS code submits an aio request, but because no
aio threads have started the request never finishes. This does not cause
a 100% CPU load condition on startup. When squid tries to shut down
nicely, or rotate logs, it gets stuck in the following code

squidaio_shutdown():

    /* This is the same as in squidaio_sync */
    do {
        squidaio_poll_queues();
    } while (request_queue_len > 0);

this is because no threads will ever complete the request.

I was seeing the msgrecv() calls while running strace, but it wasn't in
the same loop as reported in the bug. Looks like I just found another bug
while trying to reproduce this one :)

I'll try again and see if I can reproduce this bug here tomorrow.

Steven