Re: Headers/body separation

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 09:59:57 +0200

mån 2008-04-07 klockan 16:01 +0800 skrev Adrian Chadd:
> I'm trying to avoid doing the much simpler solution and ignoring the rest -
> ie, just having a local buffer, reading the reply from the server-side into it
> until we have all the headers, and then just copying the first 4k out.
> Thats a possible stopgap, especially for Squid-2.7, but I don't want that
> lingering in the codebase.

That's fine.

Running a test on 2.7 now to see how it actually behaves in the
situation.. and it's fine. With the object in-memory is serves a cache
hit, and with the object on disk we get a "swapin failure" and fallback
on cache miss. Fully acceptable and not a regression (2.6 does the same
thing, but in addition fails to forward the header proper as already
mentioned).