Re: SQUID_DEFINE_BOOL bug

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:31:26 +0100

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 11:09 AM, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
> As Andrew Beverley found:
> "
> I also found a bug in the current configure.ac. You get the message
> "SQUID_DEFINE_BOOL: unrecognized value for USE_LIBNETFILTERCONNTRACK:
> 'auto'" if you haven't explicitly set with-netfilter-conntrack. This
> patch fixes that.
> "
>
> I think this is a bug in our implementation of SQUID_DEFINE_BOOL as matches
> our tri-state logics.
>
> With our default "everything on unless impossible" policy I believe our
> 'auto' should be accepted as a value for 'yes'.
>
> Agreed? Opposed?

Hi Amos,
  what is the error-case? It's not clear to me.
What I find as a potential bug is the fact that
USE_LIBNETFILTERCONNTRACK has some wierd dependency on enable_zph_qos.

Blindly accepting "auto" for "yes" may cause issues, as "yes"
indicates that the required build infrastructure has been tested for
existence. So if anything, I'd suggest reviewing how the interaction
of the netfilter_conntrack build-options is handled, possibly
simplifying it (e.g. making zph_qos implicit in conntrack code).

--
    /kinkie