How to use a single parent without UDP access

From: Jon Thackray <jrmt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 13:12:46 +0100

We've been using Harvest, and more recently, Squid, but there have been
changes to our firewall. This means that using outgoing UDP is not
possible.

Is it possible to specify in the squid.conf file, only to use TCP to a
parent? (It says to use UDP port 7). I've got single_parent_bypass off,
but I always see 'DIRECT' in the log file.

Is it possible to use a parent cache, without UDP? I expect there may be
many others in this situation.

Thanks,
Jon.

--