Virtual domains using squid

From: Rodney van den Oever <Rodney.van.den.Oever@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 1996 10:58:49 +0200

I setup virtual domains using Apache 1.0.5 (+ required nameserver-entries
en IP-aliases) running on port 81 and this works fine if I bypass Squid by
going straight to port 81 from another networked machine.

This works since it listens on the aliased addresses (I can ping the
virtual domains).

Squid listens on port 80 and I used the -V-option:

      /usr/local/squid/bin/squid -D \
        -V www.home.nl -V www.work.nl >>/tmp/cache/squid.out 2>&1

But Squid of course tries to access these virtual domains locally and
since there is no route to these addresses it eventually times out.

How do I go about this, do I have to add a route to these aliases or
should I run the virtual domains on different ports?

Anyone experience with this?