How to configure cachemgr.cgi

From: Markus Wirtz <mw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 14:03:36 +0200

Dear squid-Admins,

I just installed squid and have to say that it just works perfect! We are
coming from the Windows World (yes, I know...) and there is nothing you can
compare! Congratulations to the squid-Team!

Now I try to install the cachemgr.cgi, copied the file to /cgi-bin/ and
access it. I enter the informations as follows:

Cache Host: proxy.globe.de
Cache Port: 8080
Password: (empty)
Operation: Cache Information (for example)

and submit the query.

What I get back sais:

---
info: proxy.globe.de:8080 - dated Mon Aug 26 13:59:48 1996
ERROR:HTTP/1.0 403 Cache Access Denied
From this cache. Please check with the cache administrator if you believe
this is incorrect.
Generated by squid/1.0.9@proxy.globe.de
Generated Monday, 26-Aug-96 11:59:49 GMT, by cachemgr.cgi/1.0.9@home.globe.de
---
What did I do wrong? Where can I configure a password?
I would be very happy if someone can help me with that, later I will deny
access to the cachemgr.cgi for the world.
Thanks,
Markus.
@GLOBE GmbH - Innovative Global Communications - Excalibur HQ Germany
BBS: +49-251-520 5510      | E-Mail: mw@globe.de  | Internet Services