Re: TRANSPARENT PROXY and Squid

From: Martin Ibert <mib@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 07:32:53 +0200

Oskar Pearson wrote:

> Logging would have to be done at this level, and you would have to say
> something like "acl deny !localhost", and then connect to the
> original squid via 127.0.0.1 (Or otherwise someone could just point their
> cache at the correct "higher" port number...)

So what? Wasn't it the intention of the person starting this discussion
that his clients wouldn't have to configure their browsers? If someone
manages this task, why shouldn't they use the proxy directly? That would
save resources and is therefore a Good Thing.

> Anyone want to move this topic off this list? (I know we linux junkies are
> incredibly talkative ;)

I find the discussion quite interesting. (I run our squid on HP-UX,
thou.)

Dipl.-Inform. Martin Ibert, BB-DATA GmbH, Brunnenstra_e 111, D-13355
Berlin
E-Mail <mib@ppe.bb-data.de> - Phone +49-30-245-56582 - Fax
+49-30-245-56577