Re: Save 15% on your bandwidth...

From: Cord Beermann, Webmaster der FH Lippe <webadm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 11:15:13 +0200 (MET DST)

Hallo! Du (Richard Huveneers) hast geschrieben:

>This is a restriction on our WWW server. I double checked it before posting the
>source.. These files are for local download only. I wouldn't classify it as a
>mirror either. We don't announce the URL. People are redirected to it, without
>knowing it at all. We could even block all access to this directory except for
>the machine running Squid. I hope this solves the legal issues too. We do not
>distribute these files, not even locally.

An alternative is, that you redirect all accesses to a 'official'
mirror. You can avoid that everyone is using another mirror.

If you choose not to cache Netscape/M$ anymore you can redirect them
to the nearest mirror.

Cord

--
Cord Beermann, Webmaster der FH Lippe