Re: source_ping on makes squid slower

From: Nelson Posse Lago <listas2@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 02:39:01 -0300 (EST)

On Tue, 17 Sep 1996, I wrote:

> The point is, squid seems to get unhappy with this. Instead of just
> ignoring the error, images or pages don't get through, etc. Is this
> behavior normal, is it a bug or am I hallucinating? Apparently restarting
> squid did't solve the problem, but turning source_ping off did.

     Well, not quite. Access was much more stable, but too slow. I then
turned off the parent caches and voila!, tranfer rates around 2-4Kb/s.
I'm currently using nlanr's caches it and sv as parents. Are the servers
overloaded? My ping times to them are OK, just about the same as to the
servers I tried to connect to.

See ya,
Nelson
lago@that.com.br