Some suggestions/remarks...

From: Christian Balzer <cb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 21:14:35 +0100 (MET)

Hiya,

a long time ago (early 1.1 ^_-) I suggested to add an _option_ to
Squid which would allow Client_Refresh requests to be turned into
IMS checks (when feasible). Looking at my logs I still think this
would be a good idea, people hit Reload (or Shift-Reload) in a number
of situations that are cache unfriendly and unwarranted. Like the
suspicion that a new version of a page must be there when in fact
there isn't or when a transmission error renders part of the page
(typically graphics) incomplete.
Can we get this is a an upcoming release, pretty please? :-)

Other than that I think the NoVM path isn't a bad idea, basically
I don't mind Squid having a little cache of it's own, but the fact
that single large objects can blow it out of proportions while they are
in transit is quite bothersome even on a system with ample memory.

Dewa,

<CB>

--
  // <CB> aka Christian Balzer, Tannenstr. 23c, D-64342 Seeheim, Germany
\X/  CB@brewhq.swb.de | Voice: +49 6257 83036, Fax/Data: +49 6257 83037