Re: How do I congiure to deny funny url accesses?

From: Cord Beermann, Webmaster der FH Lippe <webadm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 11:53:16 +0100 (MET)

Hallo! Du (Martin Ibert) hast geschrieben:

>Seiji Tokunaga wrote:
>
>> When they try "http://\foo.co.jp/" they get their pages..
>> Placing a backslash "\" allowes to bypass the rules.
>
>No solution to your problem, just more food for thought: What about =

> http://192.135.93.2/

Because i'm forced to deny access to a lot of websites, i asked
Duane to add lookup to the 'acl dstdomain' directive. (Thanks, Duane)

I put these lines in my squid.conf

acl dirtydomain dstdomain foo.co.jp
acl nolookup dstdomain none

http_access deny dirtydomain
http_access deny nolookup

The result: all requests which contain an URL-host-pattern
'foo.co.jp' and the associated IP-Numbers are denied.

The second line denies all IP-URLs, where a reverse lookup fails.

Cord

--
Cord Beermann, Webmaster der FH Lippe
webmaster@www.fh-lippe.de