Re: Help w/ Transparent Caching

From: Support <support@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 16:15:00 +1100

We are looking for the same solution, too.

As an ISP and a cost tied up with the data volume, connecting everyone to a
Squid can save us a lot potentially. However, some people just insist on
not using the proxy while others simply do not know how to set up the
proxy. A way to redirect all their HTTP and FTP requests automatically to
the Squid shall be beautiful.

In the same direction, does anyone know of any program that can cache NNTP
traffic. So instead of doing a full news feed everyday, we can feed only
what the users want and still present the full news group from out upstream
service provider.

Thank you very much for you help,

Regards

Clement
email address: support@ans.com.au
Web page: http://www.ans.com.au
post address: 14 Fisher Road, Dee Why, NSW 2099, Australia
fax number: +61 2 9972 2633