Re: How can I clean up the logs file

From: Martin Boening <boening.pad@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 97 8:55:39 MET

Hello,

> I have no experience about squid, but we use squid as httpd. our log
> files is keep growing. I only can kill the squid, reset the logs and
> reboot again manualy to clear them. on the cron job we run
> '/bin/kill -USR1 `cat /local/squid/etc/squid.pid`' every night to recycle
> the logs files. what does this command do?

We run a daily script every night that send a kill USR1 to squid, which
seems to make squid rotate the log files correctly (running version 1.1.6)
The only thing I've noticed recently is that after rotating, the running
squid terminates and RunCache then starts up a new one. I haven't had time
yet to find out if this is normal behaviour.

Best Regards
Martin Boening
Internet Administration Paderborn

--
Martin Boening, MB3792            | boening.pad@sni.de
SBS IP 17, Heinz-Nixdorf-Ring 1, D-33106 Paderborn, Germany