Re: question about national caches

From: Graham Toal <gtoal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 01:08:35 -0500 (CDT)

> > directly. See the "Using ICMP to Measure the Network" section
> > in the Squid-1.1.9 Release Notes for more info.

There don't appear to be any ICMP config options, just a
compile-time switch, is this correct? If I turn the compile-time
switch on, what all happens? From what I read it appears to
turn on some hop-counting stuff; but from what Duane said
ping timing to DIRECT fetch hosts? Did I misunderstand?

> That also answers one of the questions on my last posting, thanks.
> This is a document I hadn't noticed so far. I'll go read it now
> before I post any more. Thanks.

May I suggest adding this in a more prominent place on the web page
please? I suspect the maintainers are assuming everyone has the
source distribution and therefore sees the documents there; I
didn't because I was running from the BSDI binary dist. I have now
installed the sources and found even more useful documentation.
I'd suggest direct links to all the source docs from the web page
if possible please.

Thanks