Re: How to limited the IRC using proxy

From: Garry Glendown <garry@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 17:16:01 +0200

Julie Xu wrote:

> I would like to know how can I stop user accessing IRC in busy time.
> Can I set this in squid.conf to stop certain sides. Or I have to set it
> in our firewall.

IRC isn't cached via any http-proxy (or did I miss anything?). Anyway,
IRC is - IMHO - much less bandwidth demanding than other Internet apps
... (unless you connect your server as an IRC server to another one
...). I have an Internet cafe connected here, and am happy that those
people there almost exclusively use IRC ... their average bandwidth is
somewhere around 5-10kbit/s (if that much ...) on a 64k line...

-gg