Re: squid 1.2 design discussions

From: Cord Beermann <cord@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 19:48:33 +0200 (MET DST)

Hallo! Du (Evan Champion) hast geschrieben:

>I don't really want to join the development list, but a big one would be
>to be able to not cache POST queries as well as the standard /cgi-bin/,
>.cgi, ? regexps.

Excerpt from ://squid.nlanr.net/Squid/1.0/Release-Notes-1.0.txt
(they are matching in this point to V1.1)

(Perhaps you should add this part to the V1.1-Release-Notes, Duane?)

Private Objects

The Squid cache uses the notions of ``private'' and ``public''
objects. [...] When the cache finishes retrieving an object, if the
object is private it will be ejected from the cache. Only public
objects are saved on disk.

There are a few ways to determine whether an object should be private
or public. One is the request method. Only URLs requested with
the ``GET'' method can be public.

Cord

--
Cord Beermann        http://home.pages.de/~cord/