you have reason Henny! congratulations!!

From: Fernando Caba <fcaba@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 19:02:14 -0300

> Fernando Caba <fcaba@criba.edu.ar> writes:
> > The first problem is when any user in Netscape press the
> > reload button, the first proxy (proxy-http) request the page to the
> > second proxy, and this request to the provider too. Why don't any of the
> > two proxies cached the pages????!!!!!
>
> When you hit reload, Netscape adds a "no-cache" tag to the request, saying
> it wants the original page, not the version cached on any intermediate
> proxy. It's the user's way of saying "I think this page has been modified
> since I first loaded it". This can be very useful when you have a telnet
> window open to edit HTML source and you want to see what you've accomplished
> so far.

Not entirely true... Only when you do a Forced Reload (pressing SHIFT while
clicking Reload in netscape) it will add a Pragma: no-cache. If you press
just "Reload", the caching server will get it with a "If-Modified-Since Get"
(result-code 304)

This its true, when the amil arrived I press Shift+Realod, and following the
trace of netstat -nc, i see that my second proxy reload completely
the page....but, i insists, where its the solution?
In the refres_pattern? my squid.conf is setting:

refresh_pattern . 600 100% 2880

in the first proxy

refresh_pattern . 600 100% 4320

in the second proxy...