Upgrade to 2nd hd: done with script

From: Ralf Rudolph <ralf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 14:36:21 +0200

I recently upgraded from one to two harddisks. To keep the existing 4 gig of objects, I wrote a little perl script (well, basically I changed the script by D. Wessels that originally was used to convert from squid 1.0 to 1.1).

This script is a bad hack, so I donīt want to publish it as it is. But maybe someone wants to look over it and then release it to public. If anybody wants it for review or personal use (no guarantees at all), I will gladly send it as e-mail.

Currently, you can convert one hd partition to x partitions (in my example, two partitions). Basically, the script could also convert x partitions to y partitions, only little work would have to be done.

But be warned: copying 230000 objects (3,5 gig) took about 8 hours on a p133 with 128mb, one adaptec 2940 and two fast disks.