cache checking algorithm question

From: Graham Toal <gtoal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 12:18:47 -0500 (CDT)

I think I know the answer to this but I'd like it confirmed please...

I've recently allowed access to my cache to another ISP connected to
the same Sprint router as me. When he sends a UDP request to my cache,
if I have the page I'll tell him.

But... I have a second cache that I have a direct ether connection
to, and my two caches run as proxy-only so they can reduce their
disk space by keeping only one copy on one server of any page that
either cache receives (one from a sprintlink line, the other from
an MCI line).

When the other ISP queries me, do I query my local sibling as well or
does the request stop with me? If the latter (which I suspect is
the case) then the other ISP isn't getting the full benefit of
my cache. *but* he cannot add my MCI-hosted cache to his siblings
because the route between him and that cache is very long as opposed
to the one-hop over the Sprintlink router.

Is there a way I can improve this situation?

Thanks

Graham