Firewall & Squid & ftp ?

From: Bettina Getzkow <Bettina.Getzkow@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 20:10:15 -0700

Hello,

I've got a big problem. Perhaps someone out there can help me.
I'm running Squid 1.1.10 on a Linux machine 2.0.29. In my network there
is a computer running as a firewall and a second where I installed
Squid and webserver. On the firewall there runs TIS-FWTK, on the other
computer Squid with an activ ftpget program.

I configured Squid with the option inside_firewall.

Now my problem:
Http requests seem to work fine. But each time I try to setup requests
to ftp like ftp://ftp.... an error occurs:

******error******
500 Illegal port command
*****************

This seems not to be an error from Squid, but from the firewall, from
the FWTK.

My Question:
How can I setup Squid so that I can make ftp-requests anonymous with the
http browser and with any ftp-client? Is this an error from squid or
from the FWTK ?

If I switch off inside_firewall ftp works without any errors.

I need the answer very urgent. Many thanks helping me.

CU
Bettina
e-mailadress Bettina.Getzkow@t-online.de