Re: Monitoring Squid with MRTG (nice graphics)

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 97 11:10:42 +0200

On Friday 27 June 97, at 9 h 17, the keyboard of oskar@is.co.za (Oskar
Pearson) wrote:

> Duane has had something like this running for the nlanr.net caches for
> a while, but the code is not documented etc...

Can we see the results somewhere? Those in <http://ircache.nlanr.net/Cache
/Statistics/Vitals/> are partly broken (no images).

> On a similar note, a "native" or easily configurable SNMP addon to squid
> might be nice :)

No. One of the problems of SNMP (besides ASN/1) is that you cannot have
two agents on the same machine, because there is no way to use an
alternative port (like in HTTP). And I need the "normal" SNMP agent which
runs on the machine, to monitor interface traffic, etc.