Re: squid on MP machines

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 97 10:29:49 +0200

On Wednesday 2 July 97, at 20 h 27, the keyboard of Dave Zarzycki
<zarzycki@ricochet.net> wrote:

> Well in that case, can multiple squid processes share a cache directory?
> I would imagine there would be problems with locks on files, etc. Could

What difference would it make? Except may be on a PC/386, Squid is not
limited by the processor (but by the memory, disk, network, etc). The CPU
activity on the Renater national cache is so low that we can run number
crunching programs on it (despite their very low priority, they run at
65-70 % of the CPU).

A multi-processor machine, if it is dedicated to Squid, is a waste, IMHO.