Pb with some url indirection

From: Lionel Bouton <Lionel.Bouton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 23:29:03 +0100

Some users reported me problems with certain urls. They are waiting an
unusual long period of time or the request eventually fail. If they don't
use the proxy they don't have the problem with the same urls (local caches
are disabled in order to have a fair comparison).
When I want to check the urls involved, I don't notice the problem so it
could be limited to the first access.

After checking in the logs I found out that each of these slow/faulty page
downloads correspond to a TCP_MISS/302 (an url redirection).

Is it a known problem and does a solution exist?

I noticed another problem with some ftp sites:
squid seems to be unable to cache some objects, it releases them as soon as
the download ends.

for example:

ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/linux-doc-project/programmers-guide/lp
g-0.4.pdf.gz
is not cacheable.

Gyver

   Lionel Bouton