Hands up for the ISPs using Squid

From: Armistead, Jason <ARMISTEJ@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 03:08:00 -0400

Hi all

I'm curious as to how many ISPs are using Squid, and their approximate
user-base size. It would seem to be THE caching software of choice for most
ISPs and universities (and non-BGinc brainwashed companies too).

Given the fact that most ISPs are naturally a bit coy about sharing the size
of their clientele with others for commercial reasons, if revealing your
user population is too sensitive, I would be happy to know

a) Average number of hits per day.
b) Average number of MB per day

OR (for those with less inhibitions)

c) Number of CONCURRENT users accessing squid

AND

d) How big a cache you are operating (GB)

I've seen a lot of ISP signatures attached to e-mail messages on the list,
and hence this question. Certainly in Australia, I've seen a lot of our
local ISPs with their names on messages on this list

Regards

Jason