Re: ICQ and Squid

From: ADMINISTRACION RED <administ@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 10:26:07 -0300 (ARST)

On Tue, 19 May 1998, Jason McKay wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have a firewall in place, and our users are tring to use ICQ via the
> proxy server. Only problem is ICQ doesn't work with it. How do we setup
> squid to work as a SOCKS4 or SOCKS5 server?
>
> Thank You,
> Jason McKay.

Hi!

I'm using ICQ through the proxy without any problem. As a matter of fact,
it will become a huge problem when our users notice this issue.
The point is I have ICQ configured not to use socks because I didn't know
what SOCK4 or SOCK5 meant. As I still don't, I would be pleased if you can
help me about it.
Thank you all,

Euge ;)