Re: Two cache directories

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 23:25:39 +0200

Adalto Silva Correia Filho wrote:

> I there a way of configuring squid to have two cache directories
> with different size?

Yes. How depends on which version you use:

1.2: Add the second cache_dir with the specified size.

1.1: Since each cache_dir is a fixed fraction of the total swap size you
have to find a common divisor between your two cache_dir sizes, and
configure multiple cache_dir on each drive.

> Reason: I'm planning to increase my cache dir and the actual vg
> is used to tyhe top. I'll add another dir which is in another vg,
> that isn't bigger as the previous one.

Remember that 1.1.X practically requires you to wipe the cache clean
when changing cache_dir lines in squid.conf.

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker