Re: ReRead passwd file

From: Heiko Schlittermann <heiko@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 10:11:35 +0200

On Wed, May 20, 1998 at 11:00:47AM +0200, Yuriy Kouznetsov wrote:
: I am using squid with auth.. when i change password file (with cp new file over
: current file) sometimes squid didn't reread password file and users than not in
: password file use the proxy?? i try with "-k reconfigure" otion but no
: change... when i restart squid all is OK...
: another way to make this change on fly?
:
: cheers

squid checks the passwd file every 5 or 6 minutes and rereads if
necessary.

I've patched that (as announced about 2 weeks ago, but nobody seemed to
be interested :-/). Now I can use

    squid -k auth

(or send a SIGWINCH to the squid process) to cause an immediatly reread
of the passwd file.

Additionally I've changed the passwd parsing code a little bit. Now
squid can live with ordinary passwd files (having trailing stuff after
the crypted password).

        Heiko
datom * internet * support ** Heiko Schlittermann & Partner GbR
mailto:is@datom.de http://www.datom.de/is voice:+49-351-8029981
Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE finger:heiko@datom.de -----------