Re: Access denied problems

From: Joe Abley <jabley@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 18:32:08 +1200 (NZST)

On Sat, 23 May 1998, Paonia wrote:

> I am seeing to type of access denied problems:
> 1. where someone tries to get an object from a site that does not allow
> proxys ie. www.highwind.com. If there anyway to not have to add a list of
> sites not to use the proxy for in our proxy.pac (automatic config files).
> If there is is there a lot around that I could use as a start since there are
> lots of them.

How does a http daemon "not allow" proxies? I just pulled down
www.highwind.com directly and through squid 1.1.18 and it worked just
fine...

Are there really servers out there that refuse connections from caches?
Why would that ever be useful to anybody?

Joe

--
Joe Abley <jabley@clear.co.nz>      Tel +64 9 912-4065, Fax +64 9 912-5008
Network Architect, CLEAR Net                      http://www.clear.net.nz/