Re[2]: stalled transfers (performance problem?)

From: Barrie Spence <barrie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 19:41:56 +0100 (BST)

Henrik Nordstrom <hno@hem.passagen.se> wrote:
> Barrie Spence wrote:
> > While the transfer is stalled, the cache appears to be sluggish/
> > unresponsive to other clients.
>
> Sounds like your machine is paging/swapping. Even light paging activity
> severely hurts Squid performance, and affects all connections to Squid
> when it happens.

Trust me, my workstation doesn't suffer from lack of memory (512Mb) or
raw horsepower (C200) and should be quite capable of running netscape
and squid concurrently.

Sad to say, squid in my work environment is poorer than our current
Netscape proxy.

Barrie

--
Barrie Spence			Sanity Clause? There is no Sanity Clause
Home: barrie@calvin.demon.co.uk		Telephone +44 1506 442304