Re: ftp upload - again

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 21:38:24 +0100

David J Woolley wrote:

> Your problem is with Netscape. Netscape doesn't know how to upload
> through an HTTP proxy to an FTP URL because there are no standards
> for this. Even if you did some mapping for HTTP PUT to an FTP
> upload, Netscape would not magically realise this was possible.

Erhm.. my Netscape 3.01 and 4.07 (both on Linux) does FTP upload using
HTTP PUT when configured to use a proxy.

HTTP is well defined for uploading files (PUT method), and this
definition maps directly to FTP uploading throught a HTTP proxy. There
is no need to mention it explicitly in the RFCs.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker