swap.state format and perl-tools

From: Timo Koskela <timoko@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 18:35:20 +0300 (EEST)

FAQ 6.8 (http://squid.nlanr.net/Squid/FAQ/FAQ-6.html#ss6.8) says:

"For Squid-2, this log file has been renamed to swap.state, and
the format is binary".

I need to make a mapping between URLs in the access.log and
respective files in cache hierarchy. For version 1.1 one can use
fileno-to-pathname.pl from the "scripts" directory of the Squid
source distribution.

Is there an easy way to accomplish this for version 2?
Are there perl-scripts that read the binary swap.state logfile?

I think that another option would be calculating the MD5 hash function
that Squid uses from URL+Method (?) to get the file name. I have no
idea how easy or difficult task this would be (I haven't looked into
the source code, yet).

Cheers,

--
Mr. Timo Koskela                     Tel.    +358 9 451 4832
Helsinki University of Technology    Fax.    +358 9 451 4830