neighbor timeout behavior in 2.2dev4

From: Michael Barnes <mibarnes@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 10:49:10 -0400

I have just installed 2.2dev4 on a machine that is a child of a parent
for the .com domain.

With previous versions I noticed that the child was using the parent much
more but now instead of using the parent to retrieve a copy of a request
it is timing out and getting the request itself.

These machines are on the same network on 100mb lines, and I realize
that squid dynamically figures out timeouts for parents and siblings by
round-trip-times, but is this algorithm being too stringent because I
have a fast network connection?

I have the child using 3 other squids as siblings that are not on the same
network (2 nlanrs and 1 close by).

Would setting the icp_query_timeout to something besides 0 (auto) help?

Mike