AIM connection problem through Squid 1.NOVM.18

From: Azfar Kazmi <oup3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 15:28:00 +0000

Hi,

Our users access Internet through our Squid 1.NOVM.18 box. All local users
are allowed to access all ports.

One of the users is trying to use AOL Instant Messanger. He is reporting
problem that AIM can't connect to login.oscar.aol.com:5190. I checked and
found that it is not even coming to my squid box at 3128 therefore it would
not be able to connect ever.

Do I have to make some customized changes in my squid box to enable it to
support AIM? Or AIM needs something else? The users has defined proper
cache host and port in AIM's proxy setup.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Azfar Kazmi