Load balancing & redundancy (again)

From: Gyula Hajdu <fisher@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 08:33:51 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi all,

My company has two lines. I like to route the traffic to fulfill the
followings:

- all the requests going to the TLD .hu must use line1
- all the requests going to the TLD !.hu must use line2
- if one of the lines going down the requests must use the remained line

The line1 is connected to Hungary (.hu), line2 is connected to the US.
Both of the lines has a squid on its end.

I did:

- set up my squid to use two parents, and weighted the US (it is a cheaper
line)
- set query_icmp on (enabled at compile time)
- set never_direct all (alwys_direct to the local net)

I see almost only CLOSEST_PARENTs in the access log for the line1's
squid, even though I downloading from a !.hu site.

There is no way to route the IP packets to route the traffic.

-------
 Fisher
 http://www.bmk.hu/~fisher
-------