Cache manager problems

From: Hossam El-Ashkar <hoashkar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 17:51:08 +0300

Hello,
    I am facing a problem with the cache manager. I am running squid on
Solaris 7 x86 version 2.2stable3 . The problem is that when I try to use the
cache manager squid practically hangs... It stops responding to requests,
the information results does not appear at all. This is not a file
descriptors problem because it only happens when I use cache manager. I mean
the machine can run for days without any problem. It can happen that the
machine is just up for 10 hours or so, and when I use the cache manager
squid hangs totally.
    I suspected that it might be a cache manager compilation problem, or the
web server. I tried it all ways. The cache manager on the same machine or on
different machine (Solaris 2.5 on sparc with different web server). I have
no other way to check for the statistics of squid other than the cache
manager ( I even used the client supplied with squid but in vain).
    Does any one have a solution for this situation??
Hossam El-Ashkar
h_elashkar@ieee.org