Re: Virus protection

From: Blue Lang <blue@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 19:33:41 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 4 Feb 2000, Chris Vaughan wrote:

> I am running a squid proxy on Redhat Linux based Celeron 366 with 128M of
> RAM. I am currently running Trend Micro Interscan Viruswall-3 for linux on
> this system. However, this package appears to be misbehaving, spawning what
> would appear to be an excessive number of processes and causing problems
> restarting squid when the box is rebooted. Any ideas?

Which package? Squid? Did you recompile a newer kernel when you installed
linux? I too had some weird problems with the default RH install on 6.1,
or maybe it was 6.0, and a new kernel and/or new squid fixed it. I didn't
really try and hunt it down, since I do that with all installs anyways. :)

Of course, if you're talking about the virus scan thing misbehaving,
well.. Switch all of your users to linux. :)

--
        Blue Lang                              Unix Systems Admin
        QSP, Inc., 3200 Atlantic Ave, Ste 100, Raleigh, NC, 27604