Re: FTP proxy doesn't work.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 20:55:48 +0100

Chutima S. wrote:

> Hi,
> When I enter ftp URL at IE it looking for a while and then it pop up
> message:
> An error occurred reading the contents of the folder. Make sure
>
> the file name is valid and you have permission to access the
> location specified.
>
> Details:
> The operation timed out

It seems you havent disabled IE's "smart" error messages as I told you
to. The default setting of IE5 is to HIDE any error messages generated
servers/proxies, making it almost impossible to tell what the error is.

If you can't find how to enable IE to show the server/proxy generated
error messages, then use Netscape.

cache.log should be available in the same directory as access.log. The
default location is /usr/local/squid/logs/.

What do you get in access.log?

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker