quick questions

From: Jim Ruderer <JRuderer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 12:23:46 -0400

Hey all,

  I'd just like to confirm that this line:

        refresh_pattern . 0 0% 5

means that anything older than five minutes will be refreshed the next time
it's accessed. Is this correct? If it helps, I'm running Squid as a WWW
accelerator.

  I'd also like to confirm that the command:

        /path/to/squid/binary/squid -k reconfigure

makes Squid restart and re-read the conf file so that any changes made to
the conf file will take effect. Is that correct?

  Finally, is there a way to kill Squid and make it stay dead? I've not
noticed a way to do this- I can get it to die then come back like a monster
in a bad horror movie, but I can't get it to stop coming back to life ;-)

  Thanks a million in advance for any help!

Jim