Re: Do you agree

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 21:13:46 +0200

None.

AFAIK IIS4 does not parse HTML content, and thus any expiry information
must be added in the MMC "directory properties", or programmatically
using ASP or similar scripting tools..

Also I don't think IIS4 implements the new RFC2616 s-maxage
cache-control directive which is required to be able to tell anything
like this to the proxies.. and not many proxies have it implemented yet
either.

HTTP/1.1 is a moving target not yet standardized. So far there has been
two official drafts published: RFC2068 (Jan 1997), replaced by RFC2616
(June 1999).

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker