Perl script

From: Randy Cosby <dcosby@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 12:45:39 -0600

We're planning on doing transparent proxying via policy routing on our Cisco
4700M. We would like to have some safeguards
in place if the cache goes down though. Some have mentioned using a perl
script to "ping" web pages on the proxy to make sure it's alive, then go in
to the cisco and enable/disable the policy routing as needed. Has anyone
worked up such a script they'd be willing to share with others on this list?

Randy Cosby
nGenuity, Inc./InfoWest, Inc.
435-674-0165 x11
Fax: 435-674-9654

---
http://www.ngenuity.com
http://www.devshed.com
http://www.32bit.com
"Don't be like anybody else.  Be different.
Then you can make a contribution.
Otherwise, you just echo something;
you're just a reflection." - Hugh Nibley