AW: transform capital letters in usernames?

From: Beck, Mike <Mike.Beck@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 12:10:19 +0200

hmm, i talked with the programmer who made smb_auth: changing anything there
wouldn't help as squid expects a authprogramm to only answer 'OK', so all he
could do would be make smb_auth not accept usernames in capital letters, but
that wouldn't get me further: wether smb_auth doesn't accept them or squid
is case-sensitive, the result is the same: the user gets an access denied
and wonders why.

Therefore it would have to be done in Squid. There should be a possiblity to
make it case-insensitive when it comes to usernames (or maybe even accept
regex, though i doubt there is much use for that). Unfortunately i am not
very good at C (which i suspect squid has been written in).

Are the Squidprogrammers reading that? Is there a chance to get this wish
into the featurelist for one of the future releases?

Until there is i could enlarge my accesslists to also include 'User1' and
'USER1' not only 'user1' but i am afraid that would make my logfiles
unreadable, i make statistics using webalizer, and i am afraid that he would
think of them as different users as well

Thanks a lot

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Mike Beck

webmaster@ibmiller.de
http://www.ibmiller.de