Re: [SQU] Squid question

From: Simon Bryan <sbryan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 08:08:29 +1100

Variation on this question, for the same reason, we want to move to DHCP
so I am trying to use User Authentication (working with the NCSA module)
with a file with the user names (no passwords) in and a suitable acl rule:

acl seniors proxy_auth "/etc/squid/etc/webmailusers"
http_access deny WebmailIP !seniors

but it does not seem to work, seems to allow anybody access, wheras I
would have thought that if it failed it should deny access to everyone. Is this
possible if so what have I done wrong?