Re: Copying Cache

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 22:15:26 +0100

Awie wrote:

> I need your suggestion how to copy the current cache to another Squid
> server. Is it possible? Is it as easy as backup and restore?

It is, provided the Squid is brought down first in a nice manner..

However, most people find it not worth the effort to move the cache.

Another approach which requires less work and time is to use the old
cache as a sibling for a while until the sibling hit rate declines.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker